DUPLICATE FIREARMS PURCHASER IDENTIFICATION CARD
* The falsification of information on any of the applications for firearms permits is a violation of N.J.S. 2C:39-10c and is crime of the third degree. Any falsification may result in criminal charges against you.
1. Must have previously been issued a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card by an organized full-time police department within the State of New Jersey or by the New Jersey State Police.
2. Must not have had his or her Firearms Purchaser Identification Card revoked. Unless a court order exists authorizing the applicant to obtain a duplicate Firearms Purchaser Identification Card.
3. Must not have become subject to the disabilities set forth under NJSA 2C:58-3c.
An application for Duplicate Firearms Purchaser Identification Card will be accepted from an applicant who:
1. Has lost his or her Firearms Purchaser Identification Card or whose card has been stolen.
2. Has a mutilated card. (Old card will be surrendered and destroyed)
3. Has a change of name, address or sex. (Old card will be surrendered and destroyed; A copy of the court order or marriage certificate will accompany all requests for change of name)
Follow all of the same steps for Firearms Purchaser Identification Card application; however, on the online application form check the appropriate box for the reason requesting a Duplicate Firearms Purchaser Identification Card.
Applicants MUST be fingerprinted if their SBI number cannot be verified or if the applicant cannot or does not present adequate identification.
“DUPLICATE” must be typed on the upper right corner of the new identification card.
Questions or Assistance:
South Bound Brook Police Department Firearms Investigation Unit