VOLUNTARY FIREARMS REGISTRATION
* The falsification of information on any of the applications for firearms permits is a violation of N.J.S. 2C:39-10c and is crime of the third degree. Any falsification may result in criminal charges against you.
Residents of South Bound Brook can voluntarily register firearms you own that may be lawfully possessed in New Jersey that were previously acquired under any one of the following circumstances:
1. Inherited pursuant to N.J.S.A. 2C:58-3j; or
2. Lawfully acquired in another state pursuant to state and federal laws (New Jersey residents may not acquire pistols/handguns outside of the State, however, any firearm previously acquired during your residency in another state may be brought to New Jersey as part of property moved to your New Jersey residence); or
3. Lawfully acquired in New Jersey pursuant to N.J.S.A 2C:58-3b, rifles and/or shotguns previously acquired legally within New Jersey that you wish to have registered with the State. Handguns purchased/acquired in New Jersey via a State of New Jersey Permit to Purchase a Handgun & Form of Register (S.P. 671) will be registered upon submission of the white copy of form S.P. 671 to the New Jersey State Police, as required by N.J.S.A. 2C:58-3a, therefore the Voluntary Form of Firearms Registration, S.P. 650, is not required.
Registration of firearms is voluntary in the State of New Jersey. It is only for those state residents wishing to register a firearm in New Jersey only. This registration is not a federal database and may only be accessed for law enforcement purposes.
1. Download, complete, and make two (2) additional copies of:
Note: You may not utilize this form to acquire firearms.
2. Mail original form to:
Superintendent of State Police
P.O. Box 7068
West Trenton, NJ 08628
3. Mail or deliver a copy of the form to:
Chief of Police
South Bound Brook Police Department
12 Main Street
South Bound Brook, NJ 08880
4. Retain a copy of the form for your records.
Questions or Assistance:
South Bound Brook Police Department Firearms Investigation Unit